There are some things that every girl has to have for the spring and summer seasons. Here’s my list for the 15 Must-Have Items for Spring and Summer:
- Dark wash skinny jeans: Every girl needs a great pair of dark wash skinny jeans in her closet, and I mean every girl. Seriously, if you don’t have a pair sitting in your wardrobe right now, go out and buy a pair. This may seem like an easy feat, but it’s actually a lot harder than it sounds– Make sure that they’re the right size, that they fit correctly (so basically that they look amazing), and that you like them. Don’t get a pair that you don’t love, because if you don’t love them, you’re never going to wear them. Once you find a pair (or two) that you love, you’ll soon find that they go with literally any- and everything in your closet.
- Boyfriend jeans: Like skinny jeans, I think every girl should have a pair of boyfriend jeans. They fit a little bit looser than skinny jeans– This means that they’re comfy and that you can move around in them without worrying about stretching them out. Also, most of the ones I’ve seen in stores are distressed, meaning that there will be small, or large, holes in them, usually around the knees. I think they’re super cute and stylish. If you’re concerned about the holes, you can find a pair with little to no distressing on them so you still get the same style and comfort. Like skinny jeans, they go with everything in your closet, so you can throw on whatever you want in the morning without having to worry about looking cute and stylish.
- Denim shorts: The weather is just starting to get nice out in the spring and summer, which means that you can break out the shorts you’ve been hiding away in your closet for the past 6 months. I’m personally not a fan of “short-shorts”, but whatever your style, make sure that they fit correctly. Shorts go with everything in the spring and summer and are a super-cute option for any activity you have planned.
- Light and/or Dark wash jean jacket: I have both a light and dark wash denim jean jacket right now. They’re awesome because you can throw them over a dress or with a skirt and you’re outfit is now school-appropriate, or you have a layer for a chilly and/or rainy morning. They go with everything– are you sensing a pattern here yet?
- Plain button-down denim shirt (light wash): Again, a button-down denim shirt will go with everything, while still keeping you super-stylish.
- T-shirt dress: Super comfy and super stylish, T-shirt dresses are perfect for spring and summer. They’re all over the stores right now, so go out buy at least a few of them. They pack well and don’t wrinkle, so they’re great for bringing on vacations and roadtrips. With so many colors, patterns, and styles, you’re sure to find some that you love!
- Maxi skirt: Maxi skirts have been around for a while. It seems like they’ve kind of gone out of style a little bit, but I love them because they look nice for every occasion so you can easily go from the beach to dinner with the family, plus they pack well.
- Lightweight sweater and/or plain white hoodie: A lightweight sweater (like a cardigan), or a plain white hoodie are great to have to throw over any outfit. You’ll still look cute and put together, but sometimes it gets chilly no matter where you are, so having a layer is always a good idea.
- Crop tops and tank tops: These also come in a ton of different colors, patterns and styles. Paired with jeans or a skirt, you’re sure to look put-together and fabulous! (Don’t forget a layer for when it’s chilly.)
- Plain White blouse: A lot of people think that a plain white button down blouse is really formal/dressy. The truth is, it can be dressed down a little bit. Pair it with a bright colored tank or crop top and jeans, or use it as a layer for a dress or skirt and you’re good to go!
- Rompers– Fun colors and patterns: I personally love rompers. They have the style and comfort of a dress, but you don’t have to worry about the skirt blowing up in the wind outside. Again, there are so many different colors and styles to choose from in any store. Some of them are a little bit dressier, so they’d be appropriate for a more formal event, like a casual wedding or something. A lot of them, however, are more casual and can be worn to class or out with friends.
- White Jeans/Crops: In my opinion, nothing screams “Spring” and “Summer” like a pair of white jeans or crops. They go with literally everything, and will brighten up any outfit. Although, be warned– they are white, so be careful when walking outside or through the cafeteria at school.
- Flats (blush/nude): Blush/nude colored flats are definitely a must-have for spring and summer (why else would I put them on this list?!). If you get the right pair, they’re super comfortable and again, they go with everything. You’re able to dress them up or down, depending upon the outfit, accessories, and occasion/event. I have a pair, and I wear them all the time because they’re super easy to slip on in the morning before I go to school.
- Solid Color tennis shoes (Converse, Vans, etc…): I personally love Converse, but any solid colored canvas-type tennis shoe is great to have any time of the year. For spring and summer, I love my white Converse because they go with everything and look awesome.
- Sandals: Finding a pair of sandals that you love and can wear with everything can be hard. Once you find a pair, though, they’re awesome for dressing up an outfit, or to wear just because you feel like it. Either way, they’re definitely a must-have for spring and summer.
As you can see, there’s a pattern here– Choose pieces for your wardrobe that can work together and will go with any- and everything in your closet. It’s super easy to make one piece look completely different in a few different outfits if you have things that work well with each other.
Also, layering is key. A lot of times in the spring especially, it’s chilly in the morning and in the evening, so having a sweater or lightweight jacket that you can take off in the afternoon when it’s warm out is nice.
These are my 15 picks for a fabulous spring/summer wardrobe that will never go out of style!
If you have anything you’d like to see me write about, please leave a comment on one of my posts on here or on an Instagram post. Feel free to tweet me or send me a message on Facebook, too! If you’re a blogger who wants to collaborate on a post, let me know!
I’ll have a new post up next week for you guys! ♡
Follow me on
Twitter: @StyleBlog102 and @koolcurlie1
Instagram: @styleblog102 and @koolcurlie1
Facebook: StyleBlog102 and Alexis Joy Walstrom